For The Position of Chair-Elect
Bill O'Keefe, P. Eng.
Having recently stepped back from full-time employment, I would like to invest some additional time to support the professions.
If elected, this would be my second term on the Board. I am familiar with the governance process and the goals and aspirations of PEGNL. I have built good working relationships with PEGNL’s staff. I believe I would be effective in assisting the Board to liaise with stakeholders, provide long term guidance, and monitor PEGNL performance.
I would be honoured to serve the professions as Chair Elect. The professions have an important and growing role within society. As the recent Covid-19 pandemic, climate change and global challenges demonstrate, Newfoundlanders and Labradoreans rely on engineers and geoscientists for safety, environmental protection and economic development.
My goal will be to continue the work of others that ensures that the professions meet public expectations concerning safety, environment and economy, remain relevant and continue self-regulation.
- Memorial University – Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (1980)
- Surmount Consulting - Executive Direcor (2009 - Present)
- Columbus Communications (Jamaica) - operations Manager (2005 - 2006)
- Operations Nautical Data International - VP (2001 - 2004)
- Telepix Imaging - Engineering Manager (2000 - 2001)
- Canadian Centre for Marine Communications - Program Director (1997 - 2000)
- Superintendent, Electronics & Informatics - Navigation Engineer (1985 - 1997)
- Communications and Automation - EIT and Engineer (1980 - 1985)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- In 2016, elected Director of PEGNL Board of Directors and completed a three-year term;
- Member of Connections East Executive Committee for five (5) years and held various roles including Chair, and Vice Chair -Luncheons and Awards;
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Chair - Marine Technology Society, NL Region - 2010
- Active in the Project Management Institute, NL Chapter
- Member - IEEE and IEEE NL
- Technical Chair - IEEE Newfoundland Electrical and Computer Engineering Conference: November, 2016.
I enjoy several activities to keep fit. I have been a long-time member of the YMCA. I also enjoy biking, hiking, golf and alpine skiing.