For The Position of Director
Trina Troke, P. Eng.
I am grateful and excited to have been nominated for the upcoming election for the PEGNL Board of Directors.
My passion for engineering began when I was in my early teens, even though at that time, living in rural Newfoundland, I had never actually met anyone who was practicing the profession. Through my research on potential career options, I knew I had discovered my calling.
I believe I am well suited for a position on our Board of Directors, in shaping and regulating our professions here in the Province. My decisions and actions are guided by deeply rooted values, with integrity at the forefront, and I am keen to encourage that engineering issues of public interest are advanced honestly and objectively.
Throughout my career, safety has always been paramount. Whether it is on a job site, in the office, or at home, I relentlessly endeavour to ensure that working safely is the cultural norm and that safety improvements are continuously sought and implemented.
As well, over the past 20 years, I have been fortunate to have had the chance to visit and work in most every region of Newfoundland & Labrador, giving me valuable appreciation for some of the diverse opportunities and challenges facing our membership.
I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to the governance of PEGNL, to advancing the practice of engineering and geoscience, and to the preservation of public confidence in these professions.
Thank you for considering me for the position of Director at Large. If elected, I commit to serving with the same level of enthusiasm, perseverance, and attention to detail that those who know me well have come to expect.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical, Co-op) – Memorial University of Newfoundland, 1999
- Masters Certificate in Project Management – York University/Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2002
- Project Manager, Cahill, 2017-present
- Deputy Project Manager – HVdc Specialties (& Switchyards), Nalcor Energy – Lower Churchill Project, 2013-2016
- Project Manager (Nalcor), WorleyParsons, 2012-2013
- Manager, Projects, Newfoundland Power, 2010-2012
- Manager, Regional Engineering, Newfoundland Power, 2008-2010
- Manager, Transmission, Newfoundland Power, 2006-2008
- Mechanical Engineer, Newfoundland Power, 2004-2006
- Utility Systems Engineer, FortisOntario, 2003-2004
- Mechanical Engineer, Newfoundland Power, 1999-2003
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Scrutineer Committee, 2010-2012
- Professional Development Committee, 2008-2011
- Discover Engineering and Geoscience Committee, 2001
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in the Province of Newfoundland & Labrador, since 2002
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®, since 2003
- CSA Technical Committee for C22.3 No.1 - Overhead Systems, 2006-2012
- CSA Technical Subcommittee for C22.3 No. 60826 - Design Criteria for Overhead Transmission Lines, 2006-2012
- CEATI DALCM (Distribution Assets Life Cycle Management) Electric Utility Interest Group, 2006-2012
- Judging panel for Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship, 2006-2012
I love to travel and my trusted Nikon camera is never far from my side to capture the special memories and wonderful places along the way.
At home, I enjoy spending time in my kitchen – baking and cooking both time-honoured favourites and newly discovered recipes.