For The Position of Director
Stewart Hughes, P. Eng., MSM, CD
I look forward to the potential privilege of serving on the PEGNL Board of Directors.
I am keen to acquire a greater and more detailed knowledge of the regulation of the Engineering and Geoscience professions. I will help shape and build PEGNL policies that are in the best interests of the public by promoting initiatives to look outside PEGNL. For example, researching and reviewing lessons learned and best practises on similar issues from other Canadian engineering and geoscience regulators, international engineering and geoscience regulators, and other professional organizations such as the medical and legal professions. Seeking input from the public should be pursued considering the ease with which this could be done with the social media and other information technology.
I believe volunteering is very important to an individual's personal and professional development, and look forward to contributing to the continued success of PEGNL, and the engineering and geoscience professions in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Royal Military College of Canada – Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical and Materials) (2000)
- Kvaerner Canada Limited, Husky Energy West White Rose Project – Ballast Operations Lead (2017 – Present)
- Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors, Hebron GBS Project – Ballast System Specialist (2012 – 2017)
- Canadian Armed Forces – Marine Systems Engineering Officer (1996 – 2012)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- National Engineering and Geoscience Committee (2019 – 2020)
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Project Management Institute - Project Management Professional (2019 – 2020)
- Uniformed Services Run - Founder and Race Director, planning committee member (2010 – present)
- Assistant Instructor - Satori Elite Athletics TaeKwanDo
- Black Belt in Olympic TaeKwonDo
- Assistant Instructor - Wiseman's Martial Arts (Kenpo)
- Black Belt in Kenpo