For The Position of Director
Scott Batt, P. Eng.
I am grateful to be nominated for a second year in a row to serve as part of the Board of Directors for PEGNL. Since running in 2018 I have become actively involved in PEGNL’s guidelines committee and have continued my role as executive committee member of Connections East. I have been a member of PEGNL since 2009 and if elected I will use my passion for our profession and skills I have learned along the way, in helping shape our policies to better serve our members and public interest. I believe that as Engineers and Geoscientists we have a leading role in planning, designing, building, and providing a safe and sustainable future. For these reasons I would kindly request your support for my candidacy as Director.
For the past 11 years I have been involved in the Civil and Structural engineering industry providing consulting services to clients from British Columbia to Newfoundland and Labrador. During this time, I have had the privilege of working on several challenging yet rewarding projects which, in-turn has broadened my outlook on our profession and allowed me to gain invaluable experience. I am particularly interested in continuing education and the importance of keeping aware of the latest technologies and innovative solutions. I believe that we need to learn from our failures and success as professionals and embrace change to ensure an environmentally sustainable, safe, while lucrative future. I strive to implement these principles in my daily practice and will help be an advocate for such with PEGNL.
I am optimistic of the future of engineering and geoscience in our province and I hope to continue to be part of its development in the coming years. I look forward to being a voice for our community and I will do my best to support the interest of our members and the public, as a member of the Board of Directors. Thank you.
- Norwich University – Master of Civil Engineering (Structural)
- Lakehead University – Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), Civil
- College of the North Atlantic – Engineering Technology Diploma, Civil
- Memorial University – General Studies
- R.V. Anderson Associates Ltd. – Associate, Project Manager
- Dynamic Engineering Ltd. – Project Engineer
- Morton Jagodich Incorporated – Engineering Manager
- Astaldi Canada Inc. – Engineering Team Lead
- Anderson Engineering Consultants Ltd. – Civil/Structural Engineer
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Executive Committee Member – Connections East (2018 – Present)
- Guideline Committee Member (2018 – Present)
- Previously ran for Board of Directors position in 2018
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Executive Committee Member/Communications Officer, CSCE NL Division (2017 – Present)
- Engineers Nova Scotia - Professional Member
- Paradise Minor Hockey - Parent Volunteer
Professional Engineer and sports-dad with a side passion for continuous learning. I spend much of my time having fun with my wife and two children either through hiking, exercising, or simply taking our pets to the park. I hope to soon do a little more travelling and take in unique experiences in other countries.