For The Position of Director
Scott Batt, P. Eng.
As a member of PEGNL since 2009, I am grateful to be considered for the role of Non-Executive Director with PEGNL. If elected, I will focus on helping shape our professional policies to better serve our members and the public interest. Through consultation with our members I intend to help identify and address challenges which our industry is currently facing. And lastly but certainly not least, I hope to help promote the value and importance of our professions within Newfoundland and Labrador.
Being a professional engineer has given me the opportunity to work in a field which I find truly rewarding. I am fortunate to have worked as a consulting engineer on a wide variety of projects throughout the country; and am optimistic on the future of engineering and geoscience within our province. I believe that my background and experience will allow me to successfully serve as a dedicated volunteer in this position.
Thank you for your consideration, I hope to represent you well.
- Norwich University – Master of Civil Engineering (Structural) (2014)
- Lakehead University – Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), Civil (2009)
- College of the North Atlantic – Engineering Technology Diploma, Civil (2007)
- Memorial University – General Studies (2002 -2005)
- R.V. Anderson Associates Ltd. – Project Manager (2017 – Current)
- Dynamic Engineering Ltd. – Project Engineer (2015 – 2017)
- Morton Jagodich Incorporated – Engineering Manager (2014 – 2015)
- Astaldi Canada Inc. – Engineering Team Lead (2014)
- Anderson Engineering Consultants Ltd. – Civil/Structural Engineer (2009 – 2014)
- Bell-Aliant – Engineering Implementation Coordinator (summer 2008)
- College of the North Atlantic – Instructors Assistant (summer 2007)
- College of the North Atlantic – Academic Tutor (2005 – 2007)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Executive Committee Member – Connections East (2018 – Present)
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Executive Committee Member, CSCE NL Division (2017 – Present)
I enjoy reading, exercising, and sharing valuable time with my wife and kids. We can often be found outdoors hiking the East Coast Trails, sight-seeing, or playing with our new (mischievous) beagle friend “Hazel” at the dog park. In the coming years I hope to become further involved within the community and make many new connections along the way.