For The Position of Director
Rod Winsor, P. Eng.
I would be very pleased and enthusiastic to serve on the PEGNL board of directors. I’ve spent most of my working career in Newfoundland and Labrador in the fields of environmental site assessment, geotechnical engineering and now leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team in all Atlantic provinces. These experiences have given me a solid understanding of matters important to both geoscience and engineering. I look forward to giving back to the profession and the community through leadership as a member of the board of directors for PEGNL. I believe my experiences as an engineer, manager and a father will prove a useful resource to PEGNL and to the engineering and geoscience community in general.
- Queen's University – M.Sc., Mining Engineering (1995)
- TUNS – B. Eng., Civil Engineering (1992)
- Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions Canada – Atlantic Canada Infrastructure Engineering Manager (2017 – Present)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Environment and Infrastructure (now Wood) – Project Manager, Geo-Environmental Engineering Group Lead, Business Unit Manager, Newfoundland (2005 – 2017)
- AGRA Earth and Environmental (now Wood) – Project Engineer and Project Manager (1997 – 2005)
- C-CORE – Research Engineer (1995 – 1997)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- No information available
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- ACEC-NL – Director (2009)
I like to spend my free time taking machines apart, seeing how they work and putting them back together (somehow they don’t go back together as easily as they come apart). Some weeknights, you can find me at the Works gym at MUN doing my circuit of weights and cardio. In the winter, I enjoy snowmobiling on the west coast and in the warmer months, I enjoy boating and motorcycling. For the last three years, I’ve taken two weeks in June and rode my bike to Ontario to visit old friends while enjoying the rush of the open road and the hum of the R12 Boxer. Lately, I’ve developed an interest in bottling moose and vegetables from the garden.