For The Position of Chair-Elect
Natalie Hallett, P. Eng., FEC
I love being an engineer, and I’ve always been an enthusiastic volunteer. Beyond sitting on the Board, where the core mandate is to regulate the engineering and geoscience professions, the focus of my volunteering for PEGNL, including the D&I and NEGM committees, has been on the promotion and sustainability of our professions. I feel strongly about the importance of the connections these committees have with people, especially the province’s youth, and recognize the impact PEGNL can have on careers in Newfoundland and Labrador.
I’m asking for your support for the position of chair-elect so that I can help PEGNL continue with the regulation, and with expanding connections, for geoscientists and engineers in this province, and for the general public.
- Dalhousie University – Bachelor of Biological Engineering (2001)
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Transportation and Works – Director, Building Operations (2017 – Present)
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Education and Early Childhood Development – Director, Design and Construction (2014 – 2017)
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Education and Early Childhood Development – Manager, School Construction and Facilities (2012 – 2014)
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Health and Community Services – Engineering Consultant (2009 – 2012)
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Education and Early Childhood Development – Engineer III (2008 – 2009)
- Pinchin LeBlanc Environmental – Building Science Engineer (2007 – 2008)
- PHB Group – Project Manager (2007)
- Buchan Lawton Parent (Ottawa) – Project Manager (2003 – 2006)
- Stay Organized (Ottawa) – Designer (2002 – 2003)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Director – Board of Directors (2016 – Present)
- Chair of Diversity & Inclusion Committee (2018 – Present)
- Past member of the National Engineering and Geoscience Month committee, including chair and co-chair positions (2008 – 2017)
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society Newfoundland and Labrador (CHESNL) – Past Member; Standards Rep (2009 – 2011); member of CHES National Standards Committee (2009 – 2011)
- Association for New Canadians – Women’s Group Volunteer
- Past community affairs, including the following: Girl Guides of Canada (Ranger Leader), Writers’ Guild of NL (Treasurer), Habitat for Humanity (Procurement,) Victoria’s Quilts Canada (Quilt maker for cancer patients), Heart and Stroke Foundation (Canvasser)
One of the best things about my current job is that is a province-wide role, and I get to explore parts Newfoundland and Labrador that many don’t get the chance to see. I’ve lived all across Canada, but NL is my home, and I love this opportunity to get a better look into the heart of our magnificent province.
I live in St. John’s with my family (including a 19 week old puppy!), where we enjoy the benefits of living in a vibrant city on the edge of some of the best hiking and outdoor adventures one can imagine. In my spare time, I can be found at the cabin (also on the edge of some of the best hiking and outdoor adventures one can imagine…), where there is no wifi (much to the chagrin of Kid#1), but there is an abundance of art supplies.