For The Position of Director
Lori Hogan, P. Eng.
Throughout my academic and working careers, I have benefited greatly from the advice and experience of mentors. I feel I can now bring my unique experience, enthusiasm, and views to the position of Director.
Professional engineers are, first and foremost, responsible for safety and welfare of the general public. I think it is important that we make the public more aware of what it is engineers do and how we help society. I also think it is important that we share how diversity in our profession is beneficial to everyone. As an organization and educated individuals, we are capable of driving the innovation needed in this province today.
My experience with WISENL and IEEE has given me great familiarity with how a volunteer Board and its committees operate, but also how they should support and advocate for the membership. I believe I can use this experience to help my peers and colleagues, working together with the team of PEGNL Board members.
- Memorial University – Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering) (2003)
- Memorial University – Currently Completing B. Ed
- Memorial University – Computer Engineering Lab Instructor (2016 – present)
- Memorial University – Engineering Research Project Manager (2014 – 2016)
- C-CORE – Project Engineer, Algorithm/Software Development (2006 – 2014)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Volunteer for Ethics Seminar (2016 – 2019)
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- WISE NL – Member, held various Board positions including President (2004 – present)
- IEEE Newfoundland Section – Member, held various positions including Section Chair, NECEC Chair, conference organizer (1999 – present)
- IEEE Canada – various positions since 2005 including Group Chair, Young Professionals Representative, Student Activities Chair, Nominations & Appointment Committee Member
- IEEE – have served on transnational History Committee, Nominations & Advancement Committee, Women in Engineering Committee
Partner to Brian (also a computer engineer).
Parent to Amelia (6yo) and James (8yo), and owner of Charles the Beagle.
Scouter (leader) with 1st Paradise Beavers.
Interested in STEM Outreach and promoting Engineering as an interesting and rewarding lifetime career.
Enjoy outdoor activities, yoga, hip-hop dancing, reading and trying to maintain the “mythical work-life balance”.