For The Position of Director
Jennifer Murray, P. Eng.
It has been my privilege to be a member of the engineering profession for over 22 years and I have greatly enjoyed the variety of roles I have held at Nortel, Bell Aliant, and Memorial University. A family friend once told me that I should pursue engineering if I wanted to work with things. However, it has been my experience that the work of an engineer is ultimately about people – bringing the benefits of technology to society, collaborating with colleagues, and protecting the safety of workers and the public. Despite these important functions, the roles and activities of engineers are not always well understood by the general public. I believe this hampers our ability to attract young people, increase the diversity of the professions, and to speak out regarding the impact of technology in society. I would value the opportunity to support PEGNLs regulatory role, and participate in PEGNL board activities to increase awareness of the professiosn and guide its vision for the future.
- B.Eng, (Electrical) 1996, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Circuit board designer, Nortel Networks, 1996-2000
- Implementation Manager/Network Designer/Capacity Reporting Manager, Bell Aliant/Bell Canada, 2000-2015
- Electronics Division Manager, Dept. of Technical Services, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2015 to present
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Student Liaison Committee Member
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Warden and treasurer, Corporation of the Seven Wardens Camp 20 (2003-present)
- Judge-Provincial Science Fair
- Member of IEEE
- Member of Cryogenic Society of America
- Board member & treasurer Women in Science and Engineering (2000-2006)
- President/Past President Women in Science & Engineering NL (2006-2008)
- Former Member of Vestry & Restoration Committee, Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
Married 14 years to husband Sean Murray, with two daughters Nora & Emily age 10 & 8.
Soprano, Philharmonic Choir of the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra
Avid reader and member of the same book club for 18 years.