For The Position of Director
Jeff O'Keefe, P. Eng., P. Geo., FGC
I am honored to offer myself as a candidate for the position of Board Director. I had the fortune of working with the PEGNL for the past six years since being their representative on Geoscientists Canada Board. Now I would like to give back what I have learned from being on the national stage to my home association. I think there is much I can bring to the table.
Over the course of my professional career of twenty five years, I have worked with both engineers and geoscientists in the private and public sector. As a dual professional, I see both points of view. I also understand their importance that both professions bring to the our province but also to the protection of the public.
I believe we must always strive of upholding the highest standards of ethical and competence profession practice in order of keeping the public trust.
I feel that my experience as President of Geoscientists Canada has given me an unique leadership experience that will help with PEGNL Board. One thing I learned over the last few years is understanding who the Board represents and whose behalf the Board is acting. That is you (the members) Those should always be considered when making Board decisions with the balance of the protecting the public interest.
If elected to the Board I will serve as a dedicated volunteer and looked forward to raising the bar of enhancing the professions. Thank you for considering me for the position.
- University of Alberta – Bachelor of Science (Petroleum Engineering) (1998)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland – Bachelor of Science (Geology) (1994)
- C-NLOPB – Director, Resource Management and Chief Conservation Officer (2004 – Present)
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Department of Natural Resources – Petroleum Engineer (2002 – 2004)
- Petro-Canada Offshore Operations and Development – Reservoir Engineer (2001 – 2002)
- Marathon Oil Company International Production Division – Reservoir Engineer (1998 – 2001)
- Sperry Sun Drilling – Wellsite Geologist (1994 – 1996)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Director Geoscientists Canada for PEGNL (2013 – 2019)
- Participated as Presenter in the PEGNL Earth Science Luncheon and Ethics Case Discussion (2017 – 2019)
- Member of the Envisioning Futures Committee for PEGNL (2017 – 2019)
- Member of the Geoscience Issues Committee (2018 – 2019)
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- President of Geoscientists Canada (2017 – 2018)
- Member of Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) (1996 – present)
- Member of American Association of Petroleum Geologist (AAPG) (1998 – present)
- Member of Geological Association of Canada (GAC) (2005 – present)
My volunteer interests over the last few years have been in giving back to the community through volunteering in neighborhood cleanups in St John’s with my kids, talks at my children’s school about science especially geology or presentations about our offshore industry to the university or local community.