For The Position of Chair-Elect
Gerard Antle, P. Eng.
Our professions provide me such pride and honour to be a member. I look forward to the potential of being Chair-Elect, and the great privilege to lead our organization collaboratively and professionally.
Our province is facing some harsh economic realities.
Our professions are a large part of our success, especially in the resource sector. We need to be positioned for change and be prepared to react to the challenges we are facing. We have done excellent work as the Board and staff of PEGNL, and I commit to continuing that degree of excellence. My background provides me with a solid understanding and readiness to lead collaboratively, with integrity, professionalism, and determination. My career has been fully dedicated to public service – both as a public servant and a volunteer. I consider it a vocation. Our role as licensed professionals is to uphold public trust and ensure public safety. These are the foundations of our commitment, and as a self-regulating group, we must always uphold these values.
My personal commitment is to lead with passion and dedication – public safety is uppermost. Public trust is now top of mind for many people. As geoscientists and engineers, we must be always aware of the confidence placed in us to build, to develop, to design, and to create for the benefit of the public. I vow to be vigilant to ensure our PEGNL group is diligent, disciplined, and focused most assuredly on public safety and public trust.
I value, above all, integrity and professionalism, and a passion for public safety.
Professional Excellence. Public Trust. These embody my approach to our profession, my dedication, and my recognition of our value to society.
I’d be honoured if you would elect me as chair-elect.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland – Certificate in Public Administration (2005)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland – Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (1987)
- Mary Queen of the World – High School Diploma (1981)
- City of Mount Pearl – Director of Infrastructure and Public Works (2012 – Present)
- Department of Transportation and Works – Assistant Deputy Minister (2008 – 2012)
- Department of Municipal Affairs – Assistant Deputy Minister, (2007 – 2008)
- Department of Government Services – Registrar of Motor Vehicles (2006 – 2007)
- Department of Works Services and Transportation – Director (2002 – 2006)
- Works Services and Transportation – Regional Engineer (1992 – 2002)
- Department of Municipal Affairs – Regional Engineer (1989 – 1992)
- Department of Transportation – Resident Engineer (1987 – 1989)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- PEGNL Board of Directors – Director (2014 – 2017)
- West Coast Chapter (Connections) – Director (2000 – 2005)
- APEGN West Coast Chapter – Secretary-Treasurer
- Mentor – Professional Engineer Development
- STEPS – Innovators Program
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Engineers Canada – Public Infrastructure Engineering Vulnerability Committee (PIEVC) (2016 – 2017)
- CaGBC – Member, Atlantic Chapter Leadership Board (2016 – 2017)
- Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators – Vice-President (2006 – 2007)
- St. Peter’s Elementary School Council – Member (2006 – 2008)
- Humber Elementary School Council – Member (2000 – 2006)
- 3rd Salvation Army Unit – Cub Scout Leader (2000 – 2005)
- 1999 Canada Games – Venue Team Leader (1998 – 1999)
My hobbies include Skiing, Hiking, Biking, Travelling (with all the above!), Photography, Woodworking, Gardening
Family, family, family…from helping with MUN, CNA, guidance, support, share, and love