PEGNL Environment Award
About the Environment Award
The Environmental Award recognizes the application of science, technology and engineering to human and resource environmental management in Newfoundland and Labrador. Its purpose is to emphasize the use of science, technology, and modern organization techniques by the engineering profession and others to protect and enhance the environment. For more information please click here.
- 2017 Nalcor. "Utilizing Geoscience Principals: Application of a Web-Based Mapping Tool to Optimize Environmental Protection and Regulatory Compliance on a Mega-Project."
- 2016 Stantec and Town of Torbay "Using numerical groundwater models as a land use planning tool"
- 2015 Central Regional Service Board "Promotion of Environmental Awareness associates with the Central NL Regional Waste Management System"
- 2014 Suncor Energy Sevices Inc. "Hydrocarbon Blanket Project "
- 2013 Sikumiut Environmental Management Ltd. "Pontoon Crossing Structure"
- 2012 Stantec Consulting Ltd. and East Port Properties Ltd.
- 2011 Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Environment and Conservation
- 2010 Abydoz Environmental Inc., Town of Appleton & Town of Glenwood
- 2009 The Iron Ore Company of Canada - IOC Tailings Project: From Tailings to Biodiversity
- 2008 Green Bay Waste Management Authority
- 2006 Government of Newfoundland & Labrador, Dept. of Transportation & Works - Design & Construction Division "LEED-Compliant Corner Brook Long-Term Care Facility"
- 2004 Newfoundland & Labrador Hydro & AMEC Earth & Environmental Limited
- 2003 Johnson Geo Centre
- 2001 Metal World Inc.; Department of National Defence and Serco Environmental Services
- 2000 Newfoundland Power
- 1999 North Atlantic Refinery Limited
- 1998 Corner Brook Pulp & Paper Ltd.; Iron Ore Company of Canada
- 1997 Public Works & Government Services Canada
- 1996 NewTel Communications Ltd.
- 1995 Hibernia Management & Development Company Ltd.
- 1994 Royal Oak Mines Ltd.