For The Position of Director
Deric Cameron, P. Geo.
I am grateful for the opportunity to be nominated to serve on the Board of Directors for PEGNL. This would be my first activity with PEGNL, partly due to lack of time, having very active kids such that I do, they are into a lot of sporting and academic activities, and it has almost been my full time job outside of my job to be a limo driver/councilor/coach for them, however as they get older I find myself with extra time, and I believe I can help bring some new perspective to the Association, and hopefully help my fellow P.Geo’s to become more involved.
I have worked in almost every capacity a Geophysicist can, from field work (all over Canada) to processing of seismic data, to interpretation, both onshore and offshore, from BC to the Grand Banks, I have a broad range of experience from across Canada, which has helped round me to who I am today.
For the past seven years, I have been with Nalcor Energy Oil & Gas, and together with our team here, we have helped open up the underexplored offshore basins off our coast. With Nalcor I have presented many times at international conferences from Australia to Spain to London to Calgary and Houston. It is my continued belief that the work we do here at the Oil and Gas group for the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador will prove fruitful for the province for many years to come.
I believe that PEGNL is an important organization for helping to maintain the highest of professional standards for our province, and one of my goals would be to help mentor our younger professionals just starting their careers, and help guide them to maintain a strong sense of professionalism for the future.
- University of Calgary – Master of Science (Geophysics) (2007)
- Memorial University – Bachelor of Earth Science (Geophysics) (1996)
- Nalcor Energy Oil & Gas – Senior Exploration Geophysicist (2012 – Present)
- Suncor Energy – Senior Development Geophysicist (2006 – 2012)
- Devon Energy – Exploration Geophysicist (2001 – 2006)
- Arcis Geophysical Processing – Processing Geophysicist (2000 – 2001)
- CGG – Processing Geophysicist (1998 – 2000)
- Excel Geophysical Inc. – Field Geophysicist (1996 - 1998)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- No information provided
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- SEG (1996 – Present) (Co-Author Best poster 2016 SEG Annual Convention)
- CSEG (1998 – Present) (Presenter at Annual Convention 2015; Session Chair 2015; Special Editor CSEG Recorder - October 2015 issue; Published Paper CSEG Recorder March 2019 issue)
- EAGE (2013 – Present) (Presenter in 2013 and Reviewer for 2014 - Present for the Annual Convention; Former Session Chair 2014 - 2015)
- APEGA (1998 – 2011) (Registration on hold in good standing)
I play recreational hockey, as well as I have been a coach in the MPMHA for the past 10 years, before that I was a coach in the Calgary Minor Hockey Association for 6 years.
I have an interest in travel, having been to approximately 14 different Caribbean Islands in the past 20 years