For The Position of Director
Derek J. Follett, P. Eng., PMP
I request the honor to represent the membership of PEGNL as a director of the board in this upcoming election. I graciously ask for your support and vote.
In recent years, I weighed the opportunities and value the engineering profession has given me in my career/life. It gave me a calling to actively give back to the profession. I started this in 2018 by presenting PEGNL luncheons and am presently working as a member of the PEGNL guideline committee to update our guidelines and regulations to better suit our members into the future.
I am passionate about our profession and most of all approachable. I want to listen to your concerns and apply myself at the challenge to make PEGNL the best it can be. If you want to discuss or know more about me just ask PEGNL for my contact information and write me directly, I would love to speak with you. Thank you for reading and once again I ask for your support.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland – Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical, Co-op)
- York University/Memorial University of Newfoundland – Masters of Certificate in Project Management
- TechnipFMC Subsea Canada – Senior Project Engineer
- Technip France (Republic of Congo) – Lead Offshore Installation Engineer
- Technip Norway As. – Senior Operations Engineer
- Technip Canada – Project Engineer, White Rose IRM
- North Atlantic Refining (SNC Lavalin) – Assistant Project Manager/Engineer
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Guideline Committee Member (2018 – Present)
- Guest Speaker for Connections East luncheon: Oil Field Installation off the Grand Banks
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Project Management Institute – Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scouts Canada – Beavers Leader (Macdonald Drive Elementary)
I love to travel but Newfoundland always draws me back. I enjoy spending time in the great outdoors and exploring new places with my wife and three boys.