For The Position of Chair-Elect
David Goosney, P. Eng.
Thank you for your consideration of support as I run for the position of Chair of the Board of Directors of PEGNL. I am an electrical engineer with 10 years of experience working with Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro. For the past 3 years I have served as a Director on the PEGNL Board. During that time I have been actively involved in several board subcommittees.
The last few years have been turbulent for the profession of engineering and geoscience in Newfoundland and Labrador. The current economic situation in the province presents many challenges and some opportunities for the professions. A strong PEGNL Board is more important than ever to maintain the integrity of the professions. During my term I would have three main objectives:
• Upholding the standards of the ethical and competent practice of engineering and geoscience in the province
• Increasing the public profile of the professions and increasing public awareness of the important role engineers and geoscientists play in society
• Increasing engagement between PEGNL and the engineering and geoscience community
I offer my experience and knowledge to the PEGNL Board, and seek your support and vote in the upcoming election. I look forward to having the opportunity to give back to the profession that has given so much to me and my family.
- B. Eng. (Electrical), Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2007
- Electrical Design Engineer, Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro 2008-2011
- Distribution Engineer, Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro 2011-2015
- System Planning Engineer, Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro 2015-Present
Previous PEGNL Activities
- PEGNL Board of Directors – Elected Director – 2015 – Present
- Complaints Authorization Committee – 2015 – Present
- Envisioning Committee Chair – 2016 - Present
- Nominations Committee – 2016 – 2017
- Registered as a P. Eng. from 2011-Present
- Past volunteer with National Engineering & Geoscience Month
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Safety Association (NLCSA) – Board of Directors
- Cowan Heights Elementary – Parent-Volunteer
- Mile Zero Ultimate Frisbee League – Past Member of Board of Directors
- Engineers Without Borders MUN – Past Member of Board of Directors
- Habitat for Humanity – Volunteer
I have been married to a wonderful Civil Engineer for the past 8 years and together we have two amazing daughters. In my free time I enjoy playing ultimate frisbee, running, gardening and cooking.