Date: Friday, April 26, 2019
Time: 12:00 - 1:30 pm
Location: Capital Hotel, Kenmount Rd.
Cost: $20 for PEGNL-EC members, $30 for non-members (payable at luncheon by cash, cheque or credit card)
Speaker BIO and Topic Information
Shelly Leighton is a graduate from the University of New Brunswick with a degree in Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering. Upon graduation from UNB in 2007 she went to work in offshore construction for a Houston based company. Shelly eventually ended up in a PM role in St. John’s and began working on her Master’s degree in oil and gas engineering. She has also been a consultant on the Lower Churchill Project, spending almost two years in Labrador. She co-founded Advanced Access Engineering in 2018, using the UAV flight skills acquired in Muskrat Falls. She has been supported through this by her partner, Matt and her two children Calista and Avery.
Reserve seats by contacting the committee at email@example.com and confirming your status as an Eastern Chapter member or non-member. Please note limited space is available, so reserve early.
Important: Confirmation emails are sent to all attendees. If you plan to attend and have NOT received an email confirmation, you do NOT have a reservation. Please re-submit your request.
Deadline for reservations/cancellation is close of business, Thursday, April 18, 2019.
Roasted Chicken Supreme
Served w/ Béarnaise Sauce, steak house potato wedges, vegetables
Dinner rolls and butter
Tea & coffee
Please advise if you need an alternative meal when reserving your seat. Vegetarian alternative are available.
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
We are always looking for speakers! If you are interested in giving a presentation during
one of our luncheons, please contact PEGNL Connections East at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding details of the event, please contact Kimberley Pearce at email@example.com
Connections East Family Skate and Easter Egg Hunt
Date: Saturday, April 19, 2019
Time: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Location: Capital Hyundai Arena
Following the skating from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm; complimentary hot chocolate, coffee, treats and an Easter egg hunt will be provided in the warm room from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
Please read the following safety policies of Capital Hyundai Arena:
• Patrons of Capital Hyundai Arena will be required to wear a Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved head protector. The following types of head protection are acceptable: hockey helmet, ski helmet, and snowboarding helmets.
• No portable music devices (i.e. iPods, MP3 Players, etc.) are to be worn while on the ice.
• Skating aides are allowed during private rental. Chairs and pylons are not considered skating aides.
• Wearing outdoor footwear on the ice is extremely dangerous. No outdoor footwear is allowed on the ice.
• Children are not permitted to be carried while on the ice.
• Food and beverage are not permitted on the ice.
RSVP DATE: Tuesday, April 17, 2019. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding details of the event, please contact Tendai Mudunge at email@example.com
Wine Tasting Dinner
Date: Saturday, May 4
Time: 6:00 pm to 12:00 am
Location: Clovelly’s Nineteen Restaurant, 100 Golf Course Rd, St. John's, NL
Cost: $80 per guest (close to half off!)
• 1st course: Leek and potato soup, Creme fraiche and herbs
• 2nd course: Seasonal greens, dried cranberries, candied pecans, goat cheese, red peppers with maple Vinaigrette
• Main course: Bacon wrapped Chicken Supreme filled with grape tomatoes feta cheese & spinach drizzled with balsamic glaze served with garlic herb finger link potatoes, broccolini and glazed baby carrots
• Palate cleanser: Watermelon mint Sorbet
• Dessert: Flaky Shortbread with lemon Curd
DIETARY RESTRICTIONS: Available BY REQUEST ONLY; you must notify the committee at the time of booking. Any questions regarding details of the event, please contact Byron Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COST: $80 per guest (almost 50% discount!). PEGNL chapter members may invite one non-member at discounted rate. An invoice will be emailed to you directly for online payment.
CASH BAR: A cash bar will be available for the evening for any needs beyond the wine tasting component of the night.
RETURN TAXI: Return Taxi Service, which is included in the price of your ticket, has been pre-arranged with Budgen's Taxi. At the end of the night, please contact Bugden's Taxi at 726-4400 if available taxis are not already waiting. If possible, please try to pair up with other passengers living in your community. Simply sign the drivers receipt when you arrive at your destination.
RSVP DATE: Wednesday, May 1st, 2019. Please RSVP to email@example.com. Event is limited to 60 guests. Please RSVP early to ensure your reservation. Any questions regarding details of the event, please contact Byron Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.