For The Position of Director
Chad Wiseman, P. Eng, CMRP, M. Eng., MBA, MMP
Thank you for considering me for the Director at large role with the PEGNL Board of Directors. I have been a member of PEGNL since 2005, and have been a practicing electrical engineer since that time. During this time I’ve held a variety of technical and management roles, which I believe my engineering education has helped prepare me for. My recent senior management roles within my organization have help me expand my view of the problems we face in organizations, look at the larger vision, and build strategic plans to solve them. In addition, I believe our actions and behaviors must reflect the ethics and morals that society expects from those practicing our profession.
My experience has mainly been within the maintenance field of an electric utility. This has been a very rewarding field of practice for me, and a field suited to those within our membership. I believe as a profession we have a great deal to offer employers and our province as they face many financial and technical issues in the near future. I believe my experience will help me contribute to PEGNL in this capacity and help advance our profession within the province.
I appreciate your consideration of my nomination for this role. Many thanks.
- NC State University – Maintenance and Reliability Management Diploma (2017)
- College of the North Atlantic – Maintenance Management Professional (2014)
- Athabasca University – Masters of Business Administration (2013)
- University of Waterloo – Masters of Engineering (Electrical Power) (2009)
- Memorial University – Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (2005)
- Nalcor Energy – Director, Transmission (2017 – Present)
- Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation – Manager, Production (2013 – 2017)
- Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation – Manager, Operations (2010 – 2013)
- Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation – Electrical Engineer (2008 – 2010)
- Newfoundland & Labrador Hydro – Plant Electrical Engineer (2006 – 2008)
- Iron Ore Company of Canada – Electrical Project Engineer (2005 – 2006)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- No information provided
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- SMRP – Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals
- PEMAC – Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada
I enjoy a variety of activities including ice hockey, motorcycling, and running.
In my spare time I’m an amateur radio operator, and work part time with the Canadian Armed Forces Primary Reserves as an Army Communication and Information Systems Specialist.