For The Position of Director
Dr. Ahmed Ewida, P. Eng.
Currently, I am the Director of Inventive Project Management Inc. in Paradise, NL. With over 35 years experience in engineering, project management, and program management at the technical, management, and leadership levels, my experience in Canada and overseas covers all engineering and project lifecycle phases. I have proven track records in the development and implementation of innovative engineering and project solutions for major projects. My areas of experience also include the development and implementation of effective project control processes and systems including project governance, gate approvals, risk management, change management, planning, cost control, handover management, and independent project reviews.
Throughout my career, I have held key senior management positions including, but not limited to, the Engineering and Technology Manager for Petro-Canada’s East Coast Business Unit, the Operations Engineering Manager for the Terra Nova Asset (during project execution), the OLS Project Manager for the Hibernia Project, and the Project Manager for Qatar Petroleum’s Bul-Hanine Re-Development Megaproject. I have also written, published, and presented numerous engineering and project related papers and articles, including my recent book “Development and Management of Megaprojects – A Roadmap for Success”, and my presentation “Planning for Success - Framework for Project Preparation and Planning”, as a speaker at the AACE International 2020 Northeast Symposium in Virginia, USA (Symposium postponed due to COVID -19 global crisis).
I hold a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and M.Sc. in Civil/Ocean Engineering from Cairo University; and a Ph.D. in Civil/Structural Engineering from the University of Calgary. I was proud to receive the Killam Laureate status in recognition of academic excellence in doctoral engineering studies. I am a member of the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Canadian Standards Association, the Project Management Institute, and the AACE International.
If selected to be a member of the PEGNL Board of Directors, I would work within the PEGNL organization to explore and realize new opportunities that would benefit our province. My initial focus would be to collaborate with the Board members to promote the continuation of the successful progression and enhancement of the “Professional Development” and “Partnerships” related systems and programs, for the benefit of the public and the engineering & geoscience communities in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- University of Calgary - Management Development Certificates
- University of Calgary - Ph.D. Civil/Structural Engineering
- Cairo University - M.Sc. Civil/Ocean Engineering
- Cairo University - B.Sc. Civil Engineering
- Inventive Project Management Inc. – Director (2016 - Present)
- Qatar Petroleum – Occupied several management / senior positions during this period (2005 - 2015)
- Petro-Canada / East Coast Business Unit – Engineering and Technology Manager (2002 - 2005)
- Petro-Canada / Terra Nova Asset – Operations Engineering Manager (1998 - 2001)
- Hibernia Project (Secondment from PC) – OLS Project Manager (1993 - 1997)
- Hibernia Project (Secondment from PC) – Living Quarters Engineer (1991 - 1993)
- Petro-Canada / Corporate Development & Strategic Planning – Business Advisor (1989 - 1991)
- Hibernia Project Task Force (Secondment from PC) – Marine / Structural Engineer (1984 - 1987)
Previous PEGNL Activities
- Invigilator for PEGNL Exams
- Member - PEGNL Board of Examiners (2005 - 2008)
Membership in Other Associations, Offices Held, Community Affairs
- Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Member, Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE International)
- Member, Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Member, CSA Strategic Steering committee on Offshore Structures and Arctic Operations
- Chairman, CSA Canadian Advisory Committee on ISO Offshore Structures Standards (up to 2005)
- Member, International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP) Standards Committee (up to 2005)
- Co-Chair, R&D Committee for Industrial Opportunities/Atlantic Canada Energy Round Table (up to 2005)
- Member, Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (up to 2005)
- Member, International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers (ISOPE) (up to 2005)
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (up to 2005)
- Volunteering is a key interest area.
- Squash, Tennis, Hiking, and Darts.